Do you avoid wearing sleeveless shirts, embarrassed by flabby upper arms?
If summertime, weddings and tank-tops are all issues due to flabby upper arms and excess fat, then Arm Liposuction is the answer to your embarrassing issue.
With age comes the loss of skin elasticity. In addition, people, mostly women, accumulate fat in the upper arm region. Yes, unfortunately the dreaded underarm flaps dangle and jiggle, despite diet and exercise. Many women are genetically predisposed to flabby upper arms at a young age – and while you cannot change genetics or stop the aging process, Tumescent Liposuction or arm liposcultping, can change the shape of your arms and boost your confidence. Feel confident and beach-ready in sleeveless shirts and get younger, more toned arms.
Upper arm liposuction is growing in popularity, because the Tumescent technique is safe, the recovery process is quick and the results are amazing.
Here is how it works!
With the Tumescent technique, only a local anesthetic is used to numb the area and the patient remains coherent throughout the procedure, which is very safe and relatively painless during recovery. Very few small incisions are made in the upper arms to insert the 3mm cannula laser instrument, which gently melts away and vacuums the fat, while tightening the skin. Through the 3mm incisions, the surgeon slowly guides the cannula to the targeted areas to remove the excess fat with precision and resulting in less pain, bruising and downtime for the patient.
Here are some advantages:
- Tumescent Liposuction is a safe and lasting procedure that reduces extra fat and flabby pockets in the upper arms. The outcome – smaller, more toned arms.
- The Tumescent procedure lasts only an hour, depending on the designated fat removal. This technique is designed to safely remove fat and tighten the area, simultaneously.
- There is very little pain after surgery, minimal incisions and little potential of scarring after the healing process.
- Since Tumescent Liposculpting is performed with only light sedation, most patients return to normal activity and work within 24 to 48 hours.
Click on each question to reveal the answer.
- Why is arm liposuction the right choice for me?
- Flabby upper arms or “bat wing” arms are unsightly and embarrassing. Arm liposculpture will greatly reduce the fatty deposits in the upper arm regions and around the armpits and shoulders. You will see dramatic improvements in the arms and shoulders, revealing a more youthful, toned and contoured appearance. The surgery will leave no scarring, after the small incisions heal. The Tumescent technique is a great choice because it is safe, the results are immediate with little to no post-op bruising and pain.
- What should I expect from the procedure?
- Tumescent liposuction or liposculpting is performed on-site in our safe, state-of-the-art clinic, so there are no additional fees. Patients are lightly sedated with a local anesthesia, so they remain awake and coherent throughout the surgery. The process is simple, patients are numbed and then one small incisions is made under the upper arm on each side for the placement of the cannula, the small tubular instrument that acts as vacuum to remove the fat. The cannula is only 3 mm in size, so it leaves no unsightly scars. Arm liposuction lasts only an hour and patients are able to walk out of the office with a newly sculpted and refined arms. Patients are not permitted to drive, however. Each patient will need to be picked up after the surgery and driven home.
- What determines a good candidate for Arm Liposuction surgery? Am I a good candidate?
- We recommend that patients be in general good health when considering any surgical procedure. People who have excess fat on and around the back of the arms and under the armpits would benefit from arm liposculpting. Patients who have had gastric bypass surgery or recently lost more than 100 pounds will benefit from arm liposuction to reduce the extra sagging skin that can result from excessive weight loss. Many patients that have loose, wrinkly skin in that region will see an improvement and the Tumescent procedure will restore a more youthful, toned appearance.
- Will I have any scars or sagging skin?
- On the contrary, Tumescent liposuction and liposculpting removes fat and sagging skin. In addition, the incisions to place the cannula to remove the fat are very small, so the puncture sites do not require stitches and heal within a couple of days. The incision sites become less visible and after healing, they blend into the natural skin tone. This procedure is designed to promote skin-tightening and restore collagen. Unless your skin is already very thin, wrinkled, or lax due to aging or dramatic weight loss, you will usually see an improvement in skin tone and firmness.
- What are the post-surgery expectations?
- Arm liposuction patients will experience only mild discomfort after the procedure. Patients are able to use their arms, enjoy physical activities and return to work in a day or two. Some patients may experience mild bruising. A compression garment similar to a sports bra with quarter-length sleeves and absorbent pads should be worn for 3 days and nights, and then at least 8 hours a day for 2 weeks. Tumescent Liposuction of the arms requires no stitches and the tiny puncture wounds will naturally close within two days. The most discomfort patients experience is mild soreness, similar to the muscle ache that occurs after strenuous exercise. Patients who use their arms regularly at work, such as hairdressers, are encouraged to take up to three days off of work after the procedure. Some patients may experience swelling after the procedure. It is normal for the arms to heal at different rates. Generally, good results may take up to two months to see; the arms will continue to heal, revealing optimal results after six months. While it does take a while for the swelling to go down, there is minimal to no pain involved.
- What if I do not want to be totally awake during my procedure?
- We NEVER use general anesthesia for liposuction procedures because we feel it is simply unsafe. However, we do offer the option to do the procedure under “Twilight” which is essentially a slightly stronger form of sedation than the usual relaxing pills we provide for you. This type of sedation is EXTREMELY safe and adds virtually no additional risk the way general anesthesia does. Please let us know if this is something that you wish to discuss.
To learn more about abdominal liposuction, please contact our friendly staff to set up a free consultation with the doctor at 480.946.7100.