Getting rid of excess body hair has never been easier. Imagine making your unwanted hair disappear! Now with a light beam, unwanted hair can be removed safely and permanently. The The Candela GentleLase Plus® removes unwanted hair from face, back, legs, bikini like and any other place. Hair removal is effective after 4 or 5 treatments.
Imagine not having to shave again. Enjoy the freedom of hair removal with GentleLase Plus®. You can get the appearance you wish and it will last forever. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions or take a look at our price list down below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question to reveal the answer
- How many treatments for one area?
- Should I expect not having hair on an area after several treatments?
- You can expect about 95% hair loss after five treatments. Any remaining hair will be thinner and insignificant. No other laser provides better results than GentleLase.
- Is laser hair removal permanent?
- Hair removal using laser has been around for some time, however “permanent” can not be stated right now.
- Why is hair still there and why is it growing after 1-3 weeks from the treatment?
- The laser does not remove hair at treatment time, but hair will fall 1 or 3 weeks after the treatment.
- Why does the laser not work on blonde, gray or red hair?
- Laser energy interacts with a pigment called “melanin” found in the root of the hair, and these hair colors have little to none melanin on them, or this is of a type of melanin that does not absorb as much light as the other (eumelanin).
Why should patients avoid shaving for 6 weeks prior to treatment with GentleLASE?
- Hair root has to be present for the laser to work. If the patient has removed it with wax, shaving or electrolysis, then there is nothing for laser energy to interact with.
- Why should you avoid sun tan 6 weeks prior and after the treatment?
- Sun tan reduces treatment efficacy. Also, it makes it possible for the patient to experience darker skin (hyper-pigmentation) lighter skin (hypo-pigmentation) or blisters due to the treatment.
Why is it necessary to shave 2 days before the treatment?
- Surface hair, if present, will be burnt, increasing the risk of burns. It also prevents energy from reaching the root of the hair follicle.
- Why does every person in the room have to use safety glasses?
- GentleLASE is a high power laser system, which may harm eyes if proper protections is not used.
- Can any area of the body be treated?
- Yes, except eyelashes and eyebrows, due to proximity to the eye.
- Does the treatment hurt?
- A sticking sensation is felt after every pulse during treatment. However, most patients who have used wax or electrolysis state it feels GentleLASE less painful than those treatments. If the patient feels it is too uncomfortable, the doctor can provide local anesthesia before the treatment. Most patients have no residual pain 20 to 30 minutes after the treatment.
What are the possible side effects of laser hair removal?
- Possible side effects include blisters, darker or lighter skin or scars. This risks are reduced to a minimum if the patient correctly follows the indications.
- How long does the treatment take?
- Depending on the area, treatment can take minutes or up to an hour. Armpits, back of the neck, and bikini line can be treated in 2 to 5 minutes, while bigger areas like full legs and back can take up to an hour.
- How is the treated area going to look after the treatment?
- The treated area will have certain redness, and the hair follicles will look like goosebumps for about 1 or 2 hours. This effect can last a couple of days for some patients.
- How long will it take for hair to grow again?
- Depending on the individual, treatment parameters and body area, hair can grow back about 2 to 4 months after the treatment.
- What is a “test zone” and what is it for?
- “Test zones” are small skin areas that are treated with various energy levels before bigger areas in darker skin tones. “Test zones” are done on darker skin tones to determine what energy level is best for the individual. Lighter skin tones, generally do not need to run test zones, but this is determined by the doctor.
|Individual $50 Single of 5 $250|
Neck (back and front)
|Individual $100 Single of 5 $500|
|Bikini (back and front)
|Individual $150 Single of 5 $750|
|Lower legs (and knees)
Upper legs (and knees)
|Individual $175 Single of 5 $875|
Chest and abdomen
|Individual $225 Single of 5 $1125|
|Full legs||Individual $300 Single of 5 $1500|