Microdermabrasion is a handheld device used by a trained professional, which simultaneously emits crystals (which abrade the skin’s outer layer) and creates a vacuum (to pull and slough dead skin away). This allows us to deliver an inexpensive and non invasive treatment that yields excellent results.
Microdermabrasion is a safe and effective choice for the treatment of ”
“fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and dull, lack luster skin. The actual procedure has no downtime, which makes it a great option for a quick lunch time treatment. Some patients may notice a slight redness immediately following their treatment, but this should subside almost instantaneously.
To optimize results, it is strongly recommended that a series of treatments be completed, spaced about 4-6 weeks apart.
Frequent Questions About Microdermabrasion Treatment
Click on a question to reveal the answer
- What conditions are treated?
- Microdermabrasion improves thin wrinkles, acne and skin damaged by the sun, providing healthy exfoliation.
- Is there any downtime?
- The procedure takes about 30 minutes and has no downtime. Patients can go back to work immediately.
- Are there risks?
- The procedure is non-invasive. The only side effect is that of redness or flushing which usually disappears within 24 hours and is easily covered with makeup.
- How many treatments are needed?
- In order to achieve optimal results, normal patients should receive 6 to 9 treatments, every 1 or 2 weeks. After this period, maintenance treatments can be performed every 1½ month.