Achieve Your Desired Physical Image and Remove Love Handles
Love Handle Liposuction – Think of your favorite pair of jeans. Do you like the way they feel and fit or do you feel inhibited by love handles or a muffin top that bulge over the waistband? Despite their sweet sounding names, there is not much to love about love handles or fleshy muffin tops and sadly, over-sized shirts will not make them disappear.
Flabby flanks afflict both men and women – young and old, large and small. This is an area that accumulates fat around the waistline in front and back, above the hips. People tend to pack extra pounds in this region based on genetics, metabolism and diet. The good news is, you can keep your favorite pair of jeans and get rid of the unloved love handles with liposuction. Smart Lipo® is the most advanced technology in liposuction and is a safe and immediate way to contour your shape and have the body you desire.
Trim your waistline, improve your body proportions and wear tighter clothing by shedding unwanted pounds for good. The Smart Lipo® liposuction procedure is the safest way to achieve your physical goals, aside from diet and exercise. Unfortunately, the diet and exercise method does not work on local fat areas that are “programmed” into the body, and traditional liposuction is a riskier surgery that requires general anesthesia and involves scarring.
Flank and love handle liposuction is growing in popularity, because of the local anesthetic procedure used to numb the area when performing the Tumescent technique.
With the tumescent anesthesia, only a local anesthetic is used to numb the area and the patient remains coherent throughout the procedure, which is very safe and relatively painless during recovery. Tiny incisions are made to insert the 3 mm cannula, which gently melts away the fat, while tightening the skin. Fat is removed gently from the targeted areas with precision resulting in less pain, bruising and downtime and smoother results for you.
Flank/Love Handle liposuction is often combined with Abdominal Liposuction or another area of the body at the same time. Again, Smart Lipo® done with the tumescent technique is safer AND more effective to traditional liposuction. Here are some other advantages to the Smart Lipo® technique:
- Smart Lipo® is a safe procedure that reduces love handles and extra fat.
- The procedure takes only an about an hour. This technique is designed to safely melt away the fat and tighten the area, simultaneously.
- There is very little discomfort after the procedure. The tiny incisions leave no noticeable scars.
- Since Smart Lipo® is performed with only light sedation, most patients return to normal activity and work within 24 to 48 hours
FAQ’s about Love Handle Liposuction
Click on each question to reveal the answer.
- What are the benefits of flank and love handle Smart Lipo®?
- Renewed sense of self, better fitting clothes, improved confidence, tighter skin and a more youthful appearance are the main reasons patients elect to have Smart Lipo® as opposed to other kind of liposuction. Rfatty deposits along the sides of the abdomen and back, taper the waistline and enhance contours of the body. Goodbye love handles, hello favorite jeans.
- What should I expect from the procedure?
- Patients are lightly sedated with a local anesthesia, so they remain awake and coherent throughout the procedure. The process is simple, patients are numbed and then tiny incisions are made near the love handles for the introduction of the local anesthetic (like in a dentist’s office). The cannulas are then introduced and fat is literally melted away with the lasers. The cannula is only 3 mm in size, so it leaves no unsightly scars. This liposuction lasts only an hour and patients are able to walk out of the office with a newly sculpted body and refined image. Patients are not permitted to drive, however because of the medications administered. Each patient will need to be picked up after the surgery and driven home.
- What determines a good candidate for love handle liposuction surgery?
- Smart Lipo® of the flanks and love handles is not overly invasive; however it is recommended that patients are in good health when undergoing any procedure to reduce risks and potential complications. Love handle liposuction is not recommended for individuals who are grossly overweight or obese. This procedure is not a means of weight loss. Liposuction of any kind is designed to reshape troubled areas and pockets of fat. Smart Lipo® is a procedure that is recommended for people that have fatty deposits and flab that does not respond to exercise or diet.
- Can flank and love handle Liposuction be performed at the same time as other areas?
- This is the good news. Many people that have unloved love handles also have other areas of the body that have extra, unwanted fat, like the abdominal area. Because of the proximity between the flank area and the abdominal area, flank and Abdominal Smart Lipo® can easily be performed on both areas during the same procedure. When combined with Abdominal Liposuction, the surgeon sculpts the entire waistline, from front to back. Other areas can be combined in a same-day procedure as well. Ask the doctor which liposuction areas can be combined, if you are considering multiple locations of the body.
- Will the surgery leave scars or excess, sagging skin?
- Tiny incisions are used for Smart Lipo® of the love handles. These incisions heal very quickly and leave no long term noticeable scars. The skin of the love handle region is typically very elastic. Furthermore, Smart Lipo® is a type of liposuction technique that promotes significant contraction of the skin after the procedure.
- Are there any post-surgery side effects?
- Smart Lipo® uses tumescent anesthesia instead of general anesthesia. The patient is a awake without IVs, etc. This technique has proven to be the safest technique of anesthesia in several studies. Furthermore, with Smart Lipo®, there is virtually no blood loss. Avoiding the need of general anesthesia and significant blood loss has made Smart Lipo® an extremely safe kind of liposuction. There are no stitches and the tiny incisions heal within days. Patients may have mild discomfort and swelling after the procedure, but they can walk, resume normal activities and return to work usually the next day. We do recommend you take about two days off from work, however, just to make sure you are ready to go back. Each patient is required to wear a compression garment under his or her clothes for about one week. These garments are not visible under clothing. There will be swelling in the area after the procedure, which will subside quickly. Excellent results may be noted in as short as two weeks but continue to get better and better for months.
- What if I do not want to be totally awake during my procedure?
- We NEVER use general anesthesia for liposuction procedures because we feel it is simply unsafe. However, we do offer the option to do the procedure under “Twilight” which is essentially a slightly stronger form of sedation than the usual relaxing pills we provide for you. This type of sedation is EXTREMELY safe and adds virtually no additional risk the way general anesthesia does. Please let us know if this is something that you wish to discuss.
To learn more about abdominal liposuction, please contact our friendly staff to set up a free consultation with the doctor at 480-800-4501.